Over the last 4 weeks, we have been working on improvements to the platform. In this blog post, you can see a simple list of what has been changed, updated, and/or what bugs have been fixed. Read more about the release notes of weeks 50, 51, 52 (2021), and week 01, 2022...
- Decision Flow - An Application template that allows users to create a decision flow Application. It comes configured with a working decision flow, which you can set up through the interface in the pages themselves. It allows users to set up a flow that reaches a decision and shows them that decision and adds some tasks to them which they can perform based on the decision that has been reached.
- Select relational models in nested data components so that a list of records from that related model will be loaded using a single query to improve the performance. Read more in this earlier announced blog post.
- When configuring a filter you can now use an operator that checks if the value of the property exists or not so that only the records are returned that match that filter. Read more in this earlier announced blog post.
- Open internal page in a new tab using the open page button component.
- Set checkbox components disabled state via an interaction.
Data model builder
- We have released a new feature to the platform called Data sources. With it, you can create connections to data resources in systems outside the Betty Blocks platform and seamlessly integrate data to enrich the information in your Betty Blocks Applications. All without synchronizing the data and ending up with multiple datasets of the same source. Read more in this earlier announced blog post.
- We enhanced the Data API with rate limiting. A rate limit is the number of API calls an Application can make within a given time. Every Application is by default limited to 1500 Data API requests per 5 minutes. Soon we will publish a docs article with more information.
- We have extended the maximum lifetime value of Data API refresh tokens from 5 to 14 days maximum. Although we have extended the maximum lifetime, it's still a best practice to keep token lifetimes as short as possible. Soon we will publish a docs article with more information.
- We are recompiling your Application’s Data API directly after you have created or updated an Authentication profile.
- Admins will now be notified about promoting their Application to production via the Application dashboard in the platform.
- Several menu items in the Builder Bar now open a new browser tab, containing the previous environment. This eliminates the use of the iFrame which causes confusion and sometimes technical issues.
- Date, Datetime, and Time pickers were sending previous values when submitting a form onChange.
- Multiple uses of the same belongs-to Properties were causing it to no longer load belongs-tos.
- The variable nugget tooltip was showing wrong content based on the selected formatting.
- There were caching issues with loading pages & application settings after a deployment.
- The authentication translation value was not ending up in the JWT of end-users.
- Vendor bundle copy should only allow https non-local domains in production.
- The Interaction filter UI in the IDE was not matching the outcome after you had played the Application.
Data model builder
- When using an invalid sort argument in the Data API we returned a 500 error. This has been fixed to a proper “invalid sort argument” error message.
- Expression Properties created in the new IDE were not automatically calculated in runtime in some cases. This has been fixed now.
- Custom configurations to extend Data API token lifetimes.
We have deprecated this function. Data API token lifetimes can be managed within the Authentication Profiles now.
That was all for now. Your feedback allows us to continuously improve the Product. So please, let us know what you think about it!