Over the last 2 weeks, we have been working on improvements to the platform. In this blog post, you can see a simple list of what has been changed, updated, and/or what bugs have been fixed. Read more about the release notes of Weeks 46 and 47, 2021...
- When navigating from an Authentication profile selector to the Authentication profiles overview it now no longer opens in the iFrame.
Data model Builder
- The new Model form now contains on change validations on the name’s max length and whether it starts with a character or not (starting your Model name with a number is not allowed).
- We have enhanced the Model update performance. Saving updated Model options in the new IDE is now performing way faster than before.
My Betty Blocks
- We have released the new Application status feature. With the Application status, the Organization admin can govern which Applications are ready for production and release the Application for public use by internal as well as external users. For Applications with the development status, we secure the data in runtime by making use of the Private data mode feature. Changing the Application status is only available for customers of Betty Blocks. Trial users can use their Applications only in development mode. Read more in this earlier announced blog post.
- Property names started with numbers are no longer causing errors when displaying their values.
- Pages are now being compiled in production mode optimising the bundle and other dependencies.
- Hovering over a Partial on the canvas while dropping a Component on the canvas no longer causes Components from being unable to be added to the canvas.
- Builders are no longer able to put negative values when styling the shadow of button components causing broken pages after those changes are merged to the parent application.
- Selecting a belongs-to Property in the wizard of the Data table Component to display those properties is no longer causing the data not to be shown if the belongs-to Property is more than 2 relational steps deep.
- Autocomplete default values that are outside the initial query scope are now correctly shown as chips in the autocomplete component.
- The Tools builder bar item was not active when you had opened the Authentication profiles overview in the new IDE.
My Betty Blocks
- Newly invited users were always invited as Application builders, where it was intended to be added as an end-user only.
- Fixed a bug with duplicate invited users (they couldn't register).
- New Data API mutations version.
In the upcoming 2 weeks, we will be releasing a new version of the Data API mutations. This feature is mainly used by Applications that are using the Data API mutations from within their custom functions in Actions. The new mutations version is much more stable and reliable to be supported in the future.
- Remote data sources feature.
In the upcoming month, we will be releasing a new feature called Remote data sources. The feature is currently being used in Beta on production. Betty Blocks have contacted those Customers and Partners who are using it at the moment and what this public release means for them.
- Deprecation of configurations to extend Data API token lifetimes.
In the upcoming month, we will deprecate the function to use custom configuration types to extend the Data API access and refresh token lifetimes. This can now be configured within the Authentication Profiles. Betty Blocks have contacted those Customers and Partners who are using it at the moment.
- Removal of the iFrame in new Actions IDE.
To fully configure your (Page builder) Action, working with the iFrame is not an ideal situation. We are working hard on the new Actions environment, which will fix this problem for new Actions. Until this will be released, we want to make the experience of building Actions more pleasant by removing the iFrame. In the upcoming month, the Actions IDE will be the place where you can view (read-only) your created Action. Editing an Action will require the original Actions environment, which can be opened using a new browser tab. This eliminates the iFrame and creates a clear purpose for both environments.
That was all for now. Your feedback allows us to continuously improve the Product. So please, let us know what you think about it!