Over the last 2 weeks, we have been working on improvements to the platform. In this blog post, you can see a simple list of what has been changed, updated, and/or what bugs have been fixed. Read more about the release notes of Weeks 38 and 39, 2021...
- App Templates - We’ve released 3 Single Sign-On templates for Google, Azure, and Okta. These templates are easy to set up and should get your SSO up and running in a matter of minutes.
- App Templates - Ideation Template has been released. With this template, you can boost innovation within your company. It allows users to post new ideas and challenges, while other users can vote and comment on those ideas. It also offers a feature that calculates the most popular idea for each month.
- App Templates - We’ve released the Claims Application. With this template, you can easily set up an app that allows you to register claims and move those claims through an approval process. While your client can keep track of their claims through their own portal and view the progress of their claims and can leave comments if they have questions or suggestions.
- Page Templates - We released 2 new templates: The Back Office template and the Home Page template. The Back Office template is the very first version of a Back Office for the Page builder. It’s a basic CRUD interface built in the style of the Betty Blocks Back Office. The Home Page allows you to easily set up a public home page with the Page builder. All the styling has already been done for you. All you need to do is add text and images.
- Page Builder - Manage your Application languages via export and import. Read more about it in this special post.
- Page Builder - Creating Page templates is now handled in batches, this means you can create larger templates with more functionality out of the box.
- Page Builder - We added an option to our Data Table Component allowing you to truncate the text to prevent multiple lines or overlapping other columns.
- Page Builder - We moved the duplicate Page button to the row in the Pages overview so that it is more clear you can duplicate Pages.
- Page Builder - Saving a Component from the canvas now also stores the Models, Properties, Variables, and Authentication Profiles used in the Components.
- Page Builder - Create, read, update and delete Authentication Profiles in the new IDE interface.
- Page Builder - Refer to style name & overwrites in the Component so that the style is selected when adding to the canvas.
- Data Model - We released the new schema view of your Data Model. Read more about it in this special post.
- Data Model - We enabled the basic Property validation options in the new IDE. These kinds are now available: is required, is unique, min length, max length, greater than, and less than.
- Data Model - You can now also create new Model Relations via the detail pane in the list view. In the schema view, it is possible via drag and drop.
- Data Model - We added a navigation back button on the Model detail view to navigate back to the Models list view very easily. This is also possible when you open a Model from the schema view.
- My Betty Blocks - Improvement of the progress bar’s visual indication while an Application is being merged. We also now show a clearer error message when a merge has failed.
- My Betty Blocks - The default emails for Organization invites, Application invites, Password reset and Account confirmation are now sent via a different email provider (FlowMailer (EU) instead of Mandrill (USA)).
- Page Builder - The Page variables list was not being updated after updating the list.
- Page Builder - Clearing the Date-Time picker Component resulted in an error.
- Page Builder - Filtering the Data List Component on Belongs-to Relations resulted in an error.
- Page Builder - The Autocomplete free-solo option with multiple values did not store the value properly.
- Page Builder - Using a Translation key in our Tab Component resulted in an error
- Page Builder - The Value / Key count was not updating in the Language manager overview.
- Data Model - The Has-many and Belongs-to Relation lines were shown in the wrong direction in the schema view in some cases.
- My Betty Blocks - Later in October, we will change the default email settings for newly created Applications. From then all the transactional emails for new Applications will be sent via “Demo settings” (which is FlowMailer - EU based), instead of via Mandrill (USA based).
We recommend switching to “custom SMTP configuration” settings when your Applications move to Production because you can then email via your own @domain. It will still be possible to keep using Mandrill as well, via your own account (API key). All existing Applications that have already been created prior to this change will not be affected by our update.
That was all for now. Your feedback allows us to continuously improve the Product. So please, let us know what you think about it!