We have just released the new schema view of the Data model in the new IDE, allowing you to manage your Models in a more visual approach. The main benefit is that you no longer have to switch to the old iFrame and it is on par with the new design. It is also a lot faster and supports endless scroll on the canvas, allowing you to support a more complex Data model.
Check out the following video where I walk you through it:
The new schema view of the Data model contains the following features:
- A canvas with all the Models and their Relations shown.
- Rendering of multiple Relations between the same Models.
- Creating and updating Relations between Models. Also self-referencing Relations.
- Creating new Models directly from the canvas.
- Click-throughs to either the Model itself or its Properties or Relations.
- Search option.
- Zoom in and out options.
- Endless scroll of the canvas.
- Toggling the presence of Properties in the schema view.
In the near future, we will continue working on the schema view to extend the number of features even more and to improve your experience while working with it! 😃
That was all for now, your feedback allows us to continuously improve our product. So please, let us know what you think about it!