Over the last month, we have been working on improvements to the platform. In this blog post, you can see a simple list of what has been changed, updated, and/or what bugs have been fixed. Read more about the release notes of last month.
New features & improvements
- Add a custom favicon or PWA Manifest for your Page builder applications via a custom configuration. This update makes it more self-service for customers to get this done, which has removed the dependency on our support department.
- The latest version of the Box component now has 2 new features added: To manage the content direction inside the box, and to be able to manage the component ordering (also known as z-index) of that particular Box.
My Betty Blocks
- Update application identifier and move organization are now saved separately in the settings preventing broken apps that resulted in user invite & roles and permissions issues. The impact of moving an organization on roles and permissions is also made more clear.
- Creating application templates on the same zone as the origin application is now faster and more stable.
- Application settings that are no longer used in next-gen applications are now hidden.
- Toggle API key is now hidden for next-gen applications as it is no longer used there.
- Skipping the Betty Blocks login via SSO is now possible with our new login provider.
Documentation and education
- The education team is working on more advanced video material, more to share about this in the coming month. We also worked on a lot of documentation, some highlights from last month are the setting up your page, and the building an advanced home page article.
- The Time picker component did not always show the prefilled data under certain formatting cases.
- Long component names in the Component treeview on the right-hand side did have some odd behaviour, no ellipsis nor white space. This is fixed now.
- Improved the validation messaging when saving an invalid Swagger file format.
- Bug filter rule is closed when clicking the property selector in edit mode in certain conditions is fixed
- In Actions log messages between 50 and 150 characters are now collapsible
- Bug variable browser scrolls to top when searching and there is still an overflow while selecting is fixed
My Betty Blocks
- Fixed a bug where users could not be added to apps based on EU1 templates.
- Merging an app with a changed file max file size option set no longer breaks the file property, resulting in files not being downloaded. (release to NL1 will be on 7 nov 2023)
- Setting app template public and on dashboard now validated in the backend
- Templates based on a disabled app are no longer displayed as templates.
- Remove bb-forum from the default invited app list in the onboarding flow resulting in login issues.
- This quarter, we will be simplifying the low-coder’s flow to build a remote model action. First up: Extent the HTTP action step with the ability to select a schema model. By enabling the low-coder to select a schema model for the response, we will be reducing the number of steps needed for a functional data source tremendously.
That was all for now. Your feedback allows us to continuously improve the Product. So please, let us know what you think about it!